January 22, 2020
|Temp High (F)||Temp Low (F)||Precipitation (in.)||Snow (in.)|
|Soil Temp 2" Max||Soil Temp 2" Min||Soil Temp 4" Max||Soil Temp 4" Min|
The SROC is now accepting applications for an Accountant. This full-time position provides accounting services for the center. This position will serve as subject matter expert to departmental faculty and staff and must develop a strong working knowledge of University and Federal regulations, policies, and procedures. This position reports to the Finance Manager, Research and Outreach Center Network and works closely with both the SROC Farm Manager and Head. Visit umn.edu/jobs and search for Job ID: 334876 to apply. Contact Nick Watson at email@example.com or 612-301-1919 with questions.
The Southern Research & Outreach Center will host Winter Crops Day on Friday, January 17, 2020 in Waseca and Rochester. The programs will feature the following presentations and speakers:
- pH and Liming Southern Minnesota Soils - Jeff Vetsch, Soil Scientist
- Sulfur and Micro Nutrients for Crop Production - Daniel Kaiser, Extension Nutrient Management Specialist
- Keeping Ahead of Insect and Disease Pests - Bruce Potter, Extension IPM Specialist
- Using Drones for Evaluating and Making In-Crop Decisions - Austin Dobbel, Graduate Research Assistant, Dept of Agronomy and Plant Genetics
- Herbicide Technology Traits - Best Choices for Your Farm - Tom Hoverstad, Agronomist; Lisa Behnken and Ryan Miller, Regional Extension Educators
Each program begins at 9:00 a.m. and concludes at 4:00 p.m. Registration is $40 and includes handouts, lunch and refreshments. The Rochester program will be at the Heintz Center, 1926 College Drive. The Waseca program will be at the Southern Research and Outreach Center, 35838 120th Street. CEUs for certified crop advisers have been applied for.